Re: Web access: Enterprise vs. Standard Edition

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 19:12:33 GMT

Harry Boswell <hboswel1_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in news:3fin4vkc4n7h3jocmvt8rluakhid7n5qtr_at_4ax.com:

> WE are being told by our sales rep that you must use Enterprise
> Edition if you are allowing access to your Oracle databases via web
> applications. I can't find anything definitive on Oracle's website.
> Is this true?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry Boswell

Yes, and you'd better hold onto something when you find out what it's going to cost. If even one user access data served by an Oracle database over the web (they don't even need to connect directly to the database), you must switch to power unit pricing which is not in alignment with any other database vendor on the planet. Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 13:12:33 CST