Re: Oracle 9i Data Guard - setup problem

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 09:10:04 -0800

I have it setup, however, I did not use OMS. Which release are you using? 9i Release 1, or 2? If you're using 1, forget, Oracle Support told me that Commandline Util and the OEM Gui doesn't work. Also, make sure you have a password file created, if you don't, that may be why the job does not work. To get a working GUI, you need to use Release 2. Basically all you have to do is setup the init files for both databases. Check out Chapter 7, Configuring Log Transport Services of Data Fuard Concepts and Administration manual for the different modes of Data Guard. Also in the same manual, they discuss the setup of the init.ora's.

Next time, please post version specific and platform. It helps others in answering and researching their own problems.

HTH,
Pete's