Newbie Question, Please help!

From: Frank <someone_at_microsoft.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 16:43:06 GMT

I'm trying to make my oracle database work with one of my applications and I was told that I needed to run a validation script against everyone of my tablespaces. Now i know how to run scripts against an instance, but not a tablespace. I asked the software support people how to do it and the guy i talked to said well you need an Oracle DBA there and he should do it for you, if you don't have one, then we can't help you. What a bunch of crock. I got this script from their knowledge base, i just don't know how to execute them, please help!

declare
begin
validate_dependencies_all;
end;
/

Is this done in SQL Plus? I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on a Windows 2000 server. Thanks again!

Frank Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 10:43:06 CST