Re: [OT] mail

From: Peter van Rijn <pgm.van.rijnRM_at_THIShccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:48:27 +0100

> I've constructed a raw e-mail with correct headers, mime types and mime
> boundaries. However, Unix mail "interferes" with that and a single blank
> line causes my headers to become part of the message body.
>
> Any ideas or solutions?
>
> --
> Billy

Billy,

In one of my scripts I do:

cat fs_warn.mail | ux2dos | uuencode fs_warn.txt | mailx -m -s "LET OP: Tablespace te klein" oracle-dba_at_zhew.nl

In which fs_warn.mail is an ascii file containing tablespaces that need to be checked, ux2dos is used to add crlf to the file because Notepad else wouldn't understand, and uuencode is being used to let mailx understand it has to handle it as an attachment. (See man-pages for uuencode). The -m flag tells mailx to not use Mime-headers. I can't remember why I did that. (fs_warn.txt is the name of the attachment.)

hth,
Peter Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 13:48:27 CST