Re: exp character set, Oracle 9i win 2000

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:33:11 +0100

Spacchiubet wrote:

>>set the NLS_LANG environment variable prior to calling export

> Can you tell me the correct syntaxt to do it?
> thank you very much :)
>
> Fabio

DOS:> set NLS_LANG=.WE8ISO8859P1
DOS:> exp system/manager .....

or change it in the registry, if you want it permanent.

Beats me why you want it in a different charset, tho. It is best to use the database char set on the client as well. Same holds true for the import process.
Even if it is a completely different one that you started off with, it will NOT do any character conversions. And that makes most puppies happy...

Frank Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 12:33:11 CST