Re: Oracle archive logging over a Windows NT share - does it work?

From: Konstantin Kudin <konstantin_kudin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2003 22:04:01 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E3EED18.5DDADE25_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Konstantin Kudin wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am having an issue here which was described in this NG before and
> > several people asked this question by I could NOT locate a single
> > definite answer.
> > Some people replied along the lines "do not do it", but none of them
> > actually described *HOW* to do it even if one should not do it in the
> > first place.
> >
> > <snipped>
>
> Is there some compelling reason why you do not want to take good advice?
>
> Why would you expect us to advise you on how to do something that will cause you problems and gain you nothing in return?
>
> Daniel Morgan

 While I appreciate you taking time to write a reply, I prefer to make my own decisions. Being fully informed is an important step toward such a goal. Another scare "it is bad for you" is not what I was seeking.

 Anyway, for those of you who might find this useful, there is an article on Metalink that addresses this very issue. Just do a search with "sksachk" and you'll get there. Again, I am not advocating anything, just pointing toward a procedure that allows to achieve the stated objective.

 Regards,
 Konstantin Kudin Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 00:04:01 CST