A bit of Linux advice yet again??

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:17:56 -0000

Hi Tim,

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't /etc/profile always run as it sets up stuff you (the sys admin) want setting up for all users, and then it looks for the others. It certainly does on my HP servers - /etc/profile then $HOME/.profile where $HOME is appropriate to the user logging in - obviously !

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator