Re: LMT and DMT

From: David Sharples <david.sharples3_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:48:58 -0000

"vbaskar" <member24112_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:2468993.1044093627_at_dbforums.com...

> What is the difference between LMT and DMT ?
>
> Which one is better ?
>
> and in 9i I COULD see everything as LMT only ? Why
>
> Rgds
>
> --

LMT is a locally managed tablespace, DMT is a dictionary managed tablespace.

LMT's are better for a lot of reasons, No Fragmentation, extent management, could go on.

In 9i LMT is the default, so unless you specified otherwise your system tablespace will be LMT which will automatically make everything else an LMT as well Received on Sat Feb 01 2003 - 06:48:58 CST