Re: startup problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:48:14 +0100

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:42:54 +0100, "Mathieu van As" <mathieu_at_adg.nl> wrote:

>We have the following problem:
>
>Everything worked fine.
>After placing an additional processor Oracle seemed to start without a
>problem Listener started Database service started.
>Connecting gave a problem ORA-27101.
>Using DBA studio logging in as sysdba showed is a shutdown database.
>Opening it worked fine. Connecting is now possible again.
>
>Does someone knows why this does occur everytime we boot and how to solve
>it?
>
>Thanks,

>Ora 8.1.7
>W2K S3
>P3 dual processor

1 - Always look up the error text and don't expect the group is going it to look up for you. You are supposed to do some minimal homework. 2 Startup problems are tracked in the alert log, please refer to that file for the root cause

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:48:14 CST