Re: startup problems

From: Mathieu van As <mathieu_at_adg.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:39:34 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:rosi3v0fuckuar0pbp4kpfpcn52fv4isk9_at_4ax.com...
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:42:54 +0100, "Mathieu van As" <mathieu_at_adg.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >We have the following problem:
> >
> >Everything worked fine.
> >After placing an additional processor Oracle seemed to start without a
> >problem Listener started Database service started.
> >Connecting gave a problem ORA-27101.
> >Using DBA studio logging in as sysdba showed is a shutdown database.
> >Opening it worked fine. Connecting is now possible again.
> >
> >Does someone knows why this does occur everytime we boot and how to solve
> >it?
> >
> >Thanks,

> >Ora 8.1.7
> >W2K S3
> >P3 dual processor
> >

> 1 - Always look up the error text and don't expect the group is going
> it to look up for you. You are supposed to do some minimal homework.
> 2 Startup problems are tracked in the alert log, please refer to that
> file for the root cause
>
> Hth
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

I did some serious tracking, tried finding out why and how for a day. Oracle manuals, Oracle help files, Google.
Most of the stuff I found about error is for UNIX, not W2K.

The problem is that it seems to be an error in combination with the OS. After initial installing Oracle and rebooting (twice) it worked fine. After adding a processor and rebooting this error came up. Removing the processor and rebooting : error still there. Manually opening / starting the database works fine.

I definitely do not expect the group to solve this problem. I just wonder why this problem came up in the first place, since it worked properly for a couple of months.

Regards,

Mathieu Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 09:39:34 CST