Re: Website using Oracle

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2003 18:12:54 +1100

 > Wayne Hinch wrote:

>> "Oradba Linux" <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com> wrote in message

>> > If you could turn on the http server that comes with oracle 9i
>> > database . You could use pl/sql web toolkit to create some web
>> > pages . Just a suggestion . I would love to follow this post
>> > for other suggestions .

There are heaps of options - all depends if you want to stick to using just oracle stuff or you want to use other technologies.

Oracle 8i and above comes with quite extensive web development support (including its own apache web server) which allows you to use Java servlets, PL/SQL Servlets, Perl and the PL/SQL web development toolkits. You also have Oracle's 9IAS which takes all this a little bit further.

If you just want to be able to access Oracle db from some other web server and use Oracle just as the database back-end, then you can pretty much use all the standard tools available which support database connectivity (e.g. Perl, PHP, Java, ASP etc).

Tim

--
Tim Cross