Re: Output data from database to CSV without revealing structure?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:33:09 -0800

Allen Gibbons wrote:

> I have been asked to extract data from about 100 Oracle database
> tables and output it into comma delimited files. This would be a simple
> task except that the output should NOT reveal any of the structure within
> the database (ie, no normalization, referential integrity, etc.)
>
> Has anyone out there had to do something similar to that described above?
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> AEG
No data contains normalization or referential integrity so the question makes no sense as stated. If the point is to dump the tables then the dump is the dump is the dump. It is nothing but data so it will contain what it contains.

If the point is to dump the tables and mix-up the data then just dump it in the most egregiously convoluted manner you can.

I have deleted your posting to cdo.tools and c.d.o.miscellaneous to stop the cross-posting.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 00:33:09 CST