Re: What is exactly Oracle Financial

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:44:57 GMT

carosse wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> Often, I would have had a few jobs if I knew Oracle Financial. It seems to
> be the big thing now. I would like to know any feedback from you. Is Oracle
> Financial a software?
>
> Thanks

Oracle has a whole suite of applications (cleverly named Oracle Applications) that companies can buy (at a very high price). The apps are like off-the-shelf products that allow a company to "plug in" pieces for which they want to automate their business. If they want to completely automate their financial functions (without writing the app themselves), they buy Oracle Financial. If they want to implement manufacturing, they buy Oracle Manufacturing. And so on. People who know any of these apps can command a high salary ... but few companies will pay for the expensive training ... probably out of fear that once trained, these employees will look elsewhere for higher pay. :)

You can find out more at http://www.oracle.com/products/ and look at the list under E-Business Suite. Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:44:57 CST