Re: Running with _system_trig_enabled set to false

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 07:30:02 -0800

"Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> wrote in message news:<b15htk$11f$1_at_babylon.agtel.net>...
> Having system triggers disabled in regular mode of operation (that is,
> not during upgrade or patch set install) is not ok in my books, so
> this is NOT normal. I believe that one more step is necessary before
> flipping system triggers back to enabled: running ?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
> to forcibly revalidate all PL/SQL modules. This should revalidate
> dependencies for system triggers without them trying to kick in.
>
> --
> Vladimir Zakharychev (bob@dpsp-yes.com) http://www.dpsp-yes.com
> Dynamic PSP(tm) - the first true RAD toolkit for Oracle-based internet applications.
> All opinions are mine and do not necessarily go in line with those of my employer.
>

> "Joe Fischer" <jfischer_at_insight.rr.com> wrote in message
> > There were some posts back in 08/2002 about getting messages
> > like "ORA-04045 ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of
> > SYS.CDC_ALTER_CTABLE_BEFORE." A solution was posted about doing:
> >
> > -- disable system triggers
> > alter system set "_system_trig_enabled"=false;
> > @?/rdbms/admin/catalog
> > @?/rdbms/admin/catproc
> > -- re-enable system triggers
> > alter system set "_system_trig_enabled"=true;
> >
> > This is on a 9.2 database. When I set system_trigger back to
> > true, the original problem shows up whenever somebody tries to connect
> > to the database. If I leave it set to false, everything seems to work
> > OK. Is this normal OK?
> > ---
> > Joe

Joe, if you have metalink support look up the following documents: (bug no) 2187432, Doc Id 143639.1, 222467.1, and 2670738.1.

The bug appears to match your problem since it appears to relate to JAVA code.

As far as turning off database event triggers goes: This is a feature of Oracle that you do not have to use and if your shop does not now or intend to use the feature then turning it off should be fine.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 09:30:02 CST