Re: Turn on Archivelog mode..

From: gOD <loadofcr_ap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 06:49:36 -0800

Thanks Norman. Sorry about the email address, but there is no way I want to use my real one on a newsgroup (spam) and I think the email address pretty much sums up my contempt for Yahoo :)

I have edited my .ora file and pasted those lines in, but I though that just enables automatic archiving and the documenation seems to show that this is actually completely different changing ARCHIVELOG mode. Excuse my ignorance, but are they two things (enabling ARCHIVELOG, and enabling automatic archive) actually the same?

Also, do I actually have to run the stuff in SQLPlus? Can't I just configure the .ORA file and bounce the box? :)

Thanks, I will give all your suggestions a shot.

Cheers