Re: Private synonyms - I'm seeing too much!!

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:55:14 +0300

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:b0o070$bt3$3_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> Simply because you can see a synonym or a view or a table
> def of another user via one of the ALL_* views, does not imply
> that you have access rights to use it.

Well, actually it does. If an object appears in an ALL_* view, this means that querying user has at least some privileges on that object or some system privilege to access ANY object of this type. Not necessarily the ones that will allow you to do anything destructive with those objects, but at least you or PUBLIC have been granted something on them.

You are absolutely correct about improper use of these views in OP's situation though. :)