Re: to much archivelog

From: P.M. Groen <peter.m.groen._at_.xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:50:37 +0100

zeb wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a datawarehouse, ( 8.1.7, AIX 4.3.3 )
> the database is in archivelog and we have disk space problem.
> we have a lot of archive we don't need
> we only need them to do the hot backup.
>
> do you know a method to get the archive only for the backup
> something like:
> - noarchive log
> - put the database archive log
> - do the hot backup
> - put the database no archive log
>
> Is a good method ???
>
> Thanks in advance

Sounds like you're using EXceed. During shipping and allocating a *lot* of transactions are being created. (app 1.6Million a day)

We use no archive, but shutting down the database every night to perform a *full* backup. After backup's finished, we startup the Db again since we are only working between 7:30 and 16:45

HtH

--
P.M. Groen