Re: ORA-01578: Datablock corruption

From: cris <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:56:42 +0100

Pascal Byrne wrote:

> He was lucky the problem happened in a rollback segment tablespace
> rather than one with data since the database is *not* running in
> archivelog mode (don't ask) and they don't make cold datafile
> backups (don't ask)!

Did you run dbv againts *all* datafiles? Just to make sure there are no other corrupted blocks somewhere.

> My boss wants to know the reason why this happend and how *I* can
> prevent it from happening again. Any help would be gratfully accepted.

Have you tried to perform a complete RAM check? Some time ago I run into a corruption issue, I found out the RAM was defective and after replacing it the corrupted blocks magically disappeared.

HTH Kind regards, Cris Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 08:56:42 CST