Re: Multiple Table Column Querying HELP

From: acelestial <acelestial_at_twp.cwellington.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:20:51 -0500

Sorry for the delay of my response... I did try it. See the sql script below. I'm getting an "Unspecified error" when I use OR operator in the WHERE part, AND operator is working fine though.

select col_id, col_no, col_desc, col_date, keywords, twp, doc, mimetype, score(1) from table where contains ( doc, '%::qry::%',1 ) > 0 OR keywords like '%::qry::%' order by score(1) desc;

I've found something about "MULTI-COLUMN DATASTORE" where you can index multiple columns and is this the right way to go to what I want to accomplish? I just can't figure it out on the index part sql on what should I substitute on the "columnx" variable. I did try different things but can't get it working. Thank you for any help. Here's the link from Oracle Metalink under Datastore Improvements,
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=Not&id=120611.1.

ctx_ddl.create_preference('mymulti','MULTI_COLUMN_DATASTORE');

ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mymulti', 'COLUMNS', 'column1, column2, column3');

create index myindex on mytable(columnx) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters('datastore mymulti');

Regards,
Arman