Re: Web App

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:19:37 GMT

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:38:01 +0100, Frank wrote:

> Oradba Linux wrote:

>> All -
>>
>> Interested in developing a web application . I am running oracle 9.2.0
>> on redhat linux 8.0 . I know Oracle 9iAS is not certified to run under
>> redhat linux 8.0 . Has anybody tried to install it successfully on this
>> OS . Any documents to start would help . Basically it has to be a very
>> simple web based application . It would just display some information
>> based on inputs . The data would be selected from an oracle database and
>> displayed .
>>

>> TIA
>>

> Can't recall if 92 has the option to install Apache as well. Try that
> first, don't bother with OEM.
> You will get a web server (I know RH comes with Apache, but Oracle
> modified it - I have given up trying to get modplsql running on the free
> Apache versions); Apache by Oracle, and modplsql. Modplsql is a direct
> 'bridge from Apache into the database. You simply define a DAD (Database
> Access Descriptor), and in the schema, defined in the DAD, you put a
> procedure (all modplsql web pages MUST be procedures, either standalone,
> or packaged), e.g.
>
> connect scott/tiger
> create or replace procedure webtest as begin
> htp.p('Hello World');
> end;
>
> Suppose you DAD was named demo, type in a web browser: <your Apache
> servername>/pls/demo/test You should see a simple page with Hello World on
> it.
>
> Take it from there.
>
> Frank
> PS I know it's bad HTML; most browsers will display correctly, tho
I was able to do this with oracle 9.2.0 install on redhat linux 8.0 . It works . I have another installation of oracle 8.1.7 on the same machine . I dont have a database created . I am trying to start the http server but it fails with an error loading shared libraries : libdb.so.3

Has anybody got a solution to start http server on redhat linux 8.0 ? Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 14:19:37 CST