Re: Oracle Failsafe and Autoarchivelog mode

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:11:37 GMT

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:16:21 +0000, James Chappell wrote:

> I've got a 8.1.7 Oracle database associated with OFS. At the moment it is
> running in Noarchivelog mode.
>
> How do I switch it to Archivelog mode? I am unable to use svrmgrl to
> shutdown and start up the database.
>
> Thanks in advance, chaps.

You need to shutdown the database using oracle failsafe gui . go to command prompt start the database using svrmgrl . Then follow steps to convert to archive log mode . Shutdown the database . Use the failsafe gui to start the database . Repost if there are any problems . Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 14:11:37 CST