java.sql.SQLException - -- - - I am ready to cry .. L(((:

From: Andrei Odeski <aktush_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:12:35 GMT

I am ready to cry .. L(((:
I have been at this for like a week now...

Everything is good except for this, whenever I am trying connect with Java servlet from outside of the subnet then I get error which is described below,
otherwise ALL IS FINE!! inside a subnet, and I can use FTP and TELNET all good on the same oracle machine from the outside!! it is Just the Java servlets AND from the outside ...
this is the error:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:404)
 at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468)  at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
 at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
 at jdbctest.Driver.establishDbConnection(Driver.java:43)
 at jdbctest.Driver.main(Driver.java:28)

Pleeeeease help me!! I am very frustrated at this point ...

Odeski Applied Computer Science And Technology Student Langara College. www.langara.bc.ca ICQ#: 9634679 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me: aktush_at_echosoft.ca aktush_at_myrealbox.com