Re: java.sql.SQLException - -- - - I am ready to cry .. L(((:

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:31:48 GMT

Do you have a firewall that blocks the port Oracle is using (usually port is 1521). Can you connect from outside the subnet with sqlplus from that machine. If not then it is probably the port is blocked via a firewall. Jim
"Andrei Odeski" <aktush_at_myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:T3mW9.61686$sV3.3107764_at_news3.calgary.shaw.ca...
> I am ready to cry .. L(((:
> I have been at this for like a week now...
>
> Everything is good except for this, whenever I am trying connect with Java
> servlet from outside of the subnet then I get error which is described
> below,
> otherwise ALL IS FINE!! inside a subnet, and I can use FTP and TELNET all
> good on the same oracle machine from the outside!! it is Just the Java
> servlets AND from the outside ...
> this is the error:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not
establish
> the connection
>
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:404)
> at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:468)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
> at jdbctest.Driver.establishDbConnection(Driver.java:43)
> at jdbctest.Driver.main(Driver.java:28)
>
> Pleeeeease help me!! I am very frustrated at this point ...

Andrei