Re: Money is a great thing, but strong ethic is better (I think, but Oracle not)

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 14:12:49 GMT

joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in news:91884734.0301131555.64e48ea2_at_posting.google.com and I quote:

> the kernel crew, Larry picked up the Rdb patents for a song,

Heh! I remember that one! Everyone was telling me how expensive that had been, I just laughed: bloody Larry got that for absolute *peanuts*!!! One year of maintenance fees for all RDB licenses out there was enough for Oracle to recoup what they paid for it. Brilliant! Whoever agreed to that price at DEC should be taken out and shot...

> and HP is
> gonna die like that Gibb brother, from a heart attack after the Compaq
> acquisition gives them an intestinal blockage.

Ya reckon? Shewt, that's bad. I can well see Sun being bought by IBM. Only way out for them. Which if HP carks, leaves IT hardware in the hands of DELL and IBM. Not a purty sight, talk about monopolies...

Hope I'll be fishing by then!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto