Re: Money is a great thing, but strong ethic is better (I think, but Oracle not)

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 15:55:39 -0800

Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<Xns9300D0383B35mineminemine_at_210.49.20.254>...
> joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote in
> news:91884734.0301101555.74b29d94_at_posting.google.com and I quote:
>

> >> Good points all. And when talking to Oracle sales reps ... meetings
> >> that take place near the end of the month or financial quarter often
> >> result in more flexibility as sales persons try to make their quota.
> >
> > The sad thing is, this same problem has been around for decades...
>

> It's always gonna be there, Joel. And not just at Oracle.

Yeah, I remember when DEC was at $199/share, too. So bg wound up with the kernel crew, Larry picked up the Rdb patents for a song, and HP is gonna die like that Gibb brother, from a heart attack after the Compaq acquisition gives them an intestinal blockage.

jg

--
@home is bogus.
Send your extra AOL cd's to that poor, starving Steve Case.