Getting list of available tables

From: TsTom <member22491_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:08:48 +0000

Thanks for all input...

Complete newbee here. Here is my version:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production
CORE 8.1.7.0.0 Production
TNS for HPUX: Version 8.1.7.2.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 3.4.1.0.0 - Production

I access all of my data using VB through a terminal emulator. WRQ's Reflection for Regis Graphics. The data is read off the screen, cleaned up, and then saved as text files. I would really like to access the database directly. I am able to use SQL Plus through the above mentioned terminal emulator. Is there a way to gather a list of available tables and stored procedures? Or, would I need foreknowledge of the names of each. Also, can you direct me to any sources which might give me the information I need to connect to the Oracle database directly from Visual Basic. My ultimate goal would be to query the database directly using ADO.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer!

Tom