Re: Getting list of available tables

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:21:13 GMT

You want to query the system catalogs. For a list of all tables You can see it would be
select table_name from all_tables;
for a list of all tables you own it would be select table_name from user_tables;
for a list of all tables (assuming you are the dba) select table_name from dba_tables;

Go to otn.oracle.com, sign up for free and you can download software, read the on line manuals.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure