Re: Can a user function do it?

From: sfdsf <tyutuyt_at_gfd.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2003 17:31:05 -0600

In article <3E21F20B.DB682D72_at_exesolutions.com>, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
>sfdsf wrote:
>

>> >18+1+6 = 26?
>>
>> sorry 25
>>
>> >Your suspicion is correct. This requires an anonymous block or stored
>> > procedure.
>> >
>> >Daniel Morgan
>> >
>> is it possible to use a function, maybe by looking at the previous year's
> row?
>
>No.
>
>Why so much effort put into not writing a stored procedure?
>
>In the time you've put into these emails you could have written the proc.
>
>Daniel Morgan

the is being used by an external reporting tool.

The change to the procedure (creating another table) will take 5 minutes or less. The issue is that its in a production environment, the code changes have to be approved by a tech commitee, the changes have to be documentated and it has to be regression tested in both a develoment and staging enviromnet. We then have to schedule a migration and attend the migration meeting where it will be discussed. Non emergency migrations like this one require a 3 week lead time.

That is why I was asking if it could be done via sql, since it would save us all that trouble. Received on Sun Jan 12 2003 - 17:31:05 CST