Re: password file location

From: David COSTE <dco_at_compaq.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:47:20 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:5sit1v89jtq7g2qh6evrirkctq9oo1tndb_at_4ax.com...
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:48:35 +0100, "David COSTE" <dco_at_compaq.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Does it mean you have noway to specify it at Oracle Level ?
>

> Depends on O/S which you -of course- don't specify.

My question is more general. Of course I know there are default names to specify depending on the OS - for instance on Tru64 you have to name your password file orapwd[DB_SID].
But my question is : is there a way to name my file foo.pwd without creating a symlink ? is there an initialization parameter to set in the init.ora or an environment variable...
Or is it mandatory to name the file orapwd[DBSID] or whatever depending on the rule defined for your OS.