Oracle background processes

From: gotta_know <andretardif_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 10 Jan 2003 08:38:41 -0800

On a Unix platform we use the oracle id to start the database. Therefore, the database is started and the owner of the background processes, i.e pmon smon..., is oracle. Is there any impact to the oracle server, or applications, if the database is started under another Unix users ID?

I cannot find anything on Mental link(Metalink) in regards to this question. Received on Fri Jan 10 2003 - 10:38:41 CST