Re: Money is a great thing, but strong ethic is better (I think, but Oracle not)

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 9 Jan 2003 07:34:22 -0800

Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<0jYS9.121650$k13.4802940_at_news0.telusplanet.net>...
> How "simple" are the databases? would Postgresql or Mysql fit the need?

No it's not as simple as this. We're quite big company and even our small application are too big to use Mysql or psql, not mentioning problems with support.

> Are you already using ee?, because from what I understand in my dealings
> with oracle is that one can't downgrade a license from ee to se, only the
> other way.

We have more than 200 EEs running on various servers from 4CPUs to 32CPUs nodes.
We have no spare licences right now, so we need to buy a fresh new license for this application.

> Also, if you are already using named users under ee, unless your named user
> count goes up with the new databases you will be covered under your current
> named users you already have licensed in ee (if thats the case) Again, this
> is from conversations I have had with oracle.

See above.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.