Re: Install Oracle817 on linux (suse72,redhat80)

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 7 Jan 2003 06:52:48 -0800

"tingl" <one4all_at_all4one.not> wrote in message news:<m_oS9.6905$0s5.172916_at_twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>...
> You may want to try this.
>
> unset LANG
> unset LANGUAGE
> ./runInstaller
>
> Since Red Hat 8.0 is not officially supported by Oracle, I would suggest
> trying this on SuSE 7.2 first.

RedHat 8.0 is not certified for running Oracles and would never be, because RedHat Inc. decided to make some money and offer certified OS only for big bucks as RedHat Advanced Server. So the last certified is 7.1 (or 7.3). However even if not certified RedHat 8 runs together with Oracle 9.2 with no problem. For 8.1.7 I would prefer an older (and supported) version of RedHat.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.