portability

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:38:00 -0000

"dmz17" <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com> wrote in message news:pan.2003.01.05.21.56.48.283429_at_nospam.nowhere.com...
> If I had my way, nobody would use PL/SQL because they would not be
> portable.

And If I had my way people would analyse their business needs, buy or develop an app to meet them and then stick with it as long as the business needs required. If you are changing one thing (as portability implies) then you can be damn sure the business has changed. Portability (like object orientation or almost any other buzzword you can think of) suits developers far more than end users and businesses.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA