Re: Oracle and Java. Does Oracle know something some of us don't?

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 22:56:50 +0100

> There is not a chance that Oracle would put its future success or failure into the hands of someone
> else's Board of Directors. There are no numbers small enough to express the chance of that happening.
>
> Daniel Morgan

I disagree. Oracle knows that PL/SQL is proprietary as hell. Supporting Sun's Java (oxymoron, I know) makes Oracle smell like a rose.

If I had my way, nobody would use PL/SQL because they would not be portable.

Funny, portability is what Oracle has preached for years.

To Microsoft, portability means it runs on all versions of Windows. To Oracle it means it runs on/in every Oracle Database.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Sun Jan 05 2003 - 15:56:50 CST