Re: How to configure/tune Oracle 8.1.6 for a web application?

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:26:49 -0000

Tell us about your cursors and how you're connecting to the database and querying - e.g stored procedures etc.

What does a typical query look like ? what is being executed 40 times /second ?

how are the two machines connected ? how many network segments apart are they ?

what protocol do you use to get the data from the database server ?

and so on ... more data needed, including why you think the database is slow.