How to configure/tune Oracle 8.1.6 for a web application?

From: Niklas <niklas.hultberg_at_adera.se>
Date: 2 Jan 2003 02:22:50 -0800

Hi!

I have an Oracle 8.1.6 running on a Windown NT4 as a db source and a Windows 2000 machine as a webserver. I have developed a web site where each page is connecting to the database ca 10 to 40 times. When testing the site I can see that the webserver is waiting for the db quite a lot. I am not sure that the db is configured optimally (everything is default) for handling multiple queries at once. That is, the same user (internetuser) is querying the database up to 40 times within seconds. What can I do to speed up the querying process? I have realized that MTS is something I should use (or shouldn't I?), but how do I configure that?

I would be very happy with any kind of advice regarding this matter!

Yours,
Niklas Hultberg Received on Thu Jan 02 2003 - 04:22:50 CST