Re: Unexplained Performance Nightmare !!! Suggestions/solutions Please!!

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:01:20 -0000

That's a point worth raising - but the strategy changed in 8.1.6 with the default value of

    _optimizer_mode_force (approximately) from FALSE to TRUE.

The optimisation used in pl/sql is now the same as in the calling session.

BUT - if you still have to upgrade from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7, then you may get surprised by this because loads of SQL statements within pl/sql change their execution path for no apparent reason.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk