Re: pb starting Oracle 9i on Linux

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:45:41 +0200

Beserko wrote:

> ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more info

> What's the problem ?

The control file that contains the physical definition of the database (i.e. the names of the physical operating systems files and/or devices that are the database) is missing

> I searched on the net, but I haven't found
> anything useful.

You should be checking your alert log file instead. As the error message says.

The alert log file will contain the name and the reason of the control file that is a problem.

You should also not run a database on a single control file. That is dangerous. You should create the database with multiple control files.

--
Billy