Re: Backup problem

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:10:41 +1000

Hi Shravana,

You can't perform a hot backup unless the database is in archivelog mode. This makes sense as the hot backup is potentially worthless you have all the redo logs generated between the start of the backup (the point in which the file was begin backuped) and the point of failure.

Therefore you must covert the database from noarchivelog mode to archivelog mode for this error to go away.

Cheers

Richard