Re: Java to die in 2003

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:15:27 +0300

Well, that's just my personal attitude - I dislike everything that is unnecessary complex and basically denies KISS principle. J2EE is just that sort of technology - it is very complex, and it applies the requirement for complexity to everything you do. Just look how complex it is to maintain persistence in a BMP bean (or even in a CMP one, though it's much simpler) and how much additional classes are needed, and how much additional work they do for a simple task of storing and retrieving a row from database table... And this inherent complexity is everywhere in J2EE... But sure it gives J2EE developers a good opportunity for excellent earnings (and for hardware makers too, because you certainly need very powerful and expensive hardware to run these J2EE monsters...) :)

My $0.02