cloned database slower

From: Susan Lam <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 11:04:22 -0800

I've copied/cloned a database to another unix filesystem on the SAME server. I did it by copying datafiles over then reconstruct control files. Now the user is complaining the cloned database is significantly slower than original database! We have a complicated query it takes 1 hour in original db but 3 hours on cloned database.

The init.ora parameters are exactly the same except database name, location of archive, control files... The nature of filesystem is exactly the same. And they are in the same Sun Solaris server. The CPU is pretty much at the same state when we did the comparison test.

Any idea? Will cost base stat copy over after cloning?

Thanks,
Susan Received on Mon Dec 23 2002 - 13:04:22 CST