Re: Oracle on Debian/Linux...

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 22:58:21 -0000

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:j6340v4ept3abrbothcle72vsq9g8fhu40_at_4ax.com...
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:00:39 +0100, Klaus Naumann <knaumann_at_gmx-ag.de>
> wrote:
>

> >P.S.: I'm still waiting for the day when Oracle
> >is going to support Debian :/
>

> Apparently Debian is one of the less important Linux 'flavors'. So
> when you manage to convince people to run Debian, and issue their
> concern to Oracle ...
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

I'm told though (thanks, Geoff and Ewan), that there are instructions available as regards kernel configuration and so forth, before installing.

So perhaps the OP might find a visit to the installation manual worthwhile?

I hesitate to make this kind of suggestion; Sybrand puts it so much more succinctly ;-)

Regards,
Paul Received on Fri Dec 20 2002 - 16:58:21 CST