What exactly is Oracle9i Lite? Where do I get started using it?

From: Wes Gamble <w.gamble_at_pentasafe.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 14:24:05 -0800

All,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am under the assumption that Oracle 9i Lite is comparable to Microsoft's MSDE product, which means that it would basically be a stripped down version of the Oracle database server which you can use for free. Is this correct?

The 9i Lite documentation refers to it as a mobile server and seems to imply that it only works in conjunction with an existing Oracle installation.

So I'm just trying to understand exactly what Oracle 9i Lite is. Is it a smaller, free or cheap database server OR
is it application server level software?

Wes Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 16:24:05 CST