Re: install oracle9i

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:59:42 -0000

FWIW I have never had a problem with the

Delete all services
remove software
remove all oracle directories (including the inventory directory) remove HKLM\software\Oracle from the registry

approach either, which is probably just as drastic but

  1. Is documented on metalink (but I don't have the note to hand)
  2. Leaves the other software on your machine still operational
  3. Also works with proper windows apps that don't clean up after themselves either (a certain RDBMS from Redmond springs to mind).
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA