Re: doing a transaction that is not logged

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 10:54:44 -0800

In article <uve9nstbfj12c4_at_corp.supernews.com>, "Peter says...

>Francis,
>
>If the number of records remaining after the delete is comparatively small
>you might consider creating a new table from the old one (CREATE TABLE AS
>SELECT), drop the old one and rename it.
>This might turn out a lot faster.
>
>Peter

Yup, but it would also mean any indexes, grants etc. get screwed. Truncating then using insert would be better.

Pete

>"Francis Drai" <francis.drai_at_sita.int> schreef in bericht
>> Hello,
>>
>> AS I have to delete more than 100,000,000 records for a table I would
>> like to be able to do this operation without journalization. So I will
>> not have pb regarding temporary tablespace. Is it possible. I know that
>> this is possible for some other databases.
>>
>> Thank you

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:54:44 CST