Re: doing a transaction that is not logged

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:52:20 +0100

Francis,

If the number of records remaining after the delete is comparatively small you might consider creating a new table from the old one (CREATE TABLE AS SELECT), drop the old one and rename it. This might turn out a lot faster.

Peter

"Francis Drai" <francis.drai_at_sita.int> schreef in bericht news:3DF725DA.A9060E63_at_sita.int...