Re: RAC on single Windows trouble

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:50:58 +1100

"Sergey Kolesov" <ksm_at_vbf.ru> wrote in message news:at75u9$rn4$1_at_Bizone.inar.ru...
> Dear sirs!
> Being based on paper "Multi-Instance RAC on single Windows PC"
> (www.oaktable.net), I have tried to realize RAC for Oracle 9.2.0.1, but
> after realization of all preparatory stages at start on creation of
database
> immediately receiving the message PRKR-1005: adding of cluster database
<..>
> Configuration failed, PRKR-1064...

I believe that happens if you don't create a Listener before trying to create the database. But I could be wrong.

>As I suspect, this consequence of
> mistakes: File not found: \preinstall _ rac\olm\crlogdr.exe and similars,
> which I received at installation Oracle (disk 3).

When the installation tells you file not found errors and asks for '/preinstall_rac/' files, that's the Assistant's novel way of demanding that you re-insert the CD onto which you burnt the cluster file system download. If you don't have such a CD (because you copied the download direct to hard disk) then simply re-insert Disk 1, because that has a preinstall_rac directory, too.

Quite why the Assistant thinks this is an appropriate way to ask you to re-insert an earlier CD, I have no idea.

It's a "feature", I guess.

>I even repeatedly unloaded
> disk 3 from technet and repeated installation, but received the same
result.
> Believing, that the reason in Cluster File System for Windows, I even
copied
> modules from c:\preinstall _ rac\olm in oracle\ora92\bin, but it has not
> helped. I shall be grateful for the help.

I tend to find that if you follow the contents of any paper *exactly*, you can usually duplicate the results. But if you start inventing steps that aren't in a paper, you are not likely to get anywhere successful.

In any case, why don't you contact the author direct. I see there's an email address at the end of the paper for just that purpose.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:50:58 CST