Re: truncate randomly failing

From: Erika <erika_at_multimodalinc.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2002 14:46:22 -0800

hi,
I am really not an expert in this (more like a beginner), but doesn't the truncate automatically lock the table in an exclusive mode? Why do you think that locking the table explicitly would help my problem? (the loop of 1..100 was simply added to make it more likely for the truncate to succeed)
thanks
Erika