Discoverer access to database

From: Larry <google_at_hanser.net>
Date: 9 Dec 2002 15:01:54 -0800

Dear Friends:

I have legal access to a remote database. I have been able to establish a connection using ODBC and MS Access, with the appropriate username, passowrd, and TNS file. I have been able to do the same using a perl script. However, I have been unable to do the same with Discoverer. Version 4 says something about EULs needing to be upgraded and version 3.1 says that there are no EULs available... However, there are plenty of tables that I have been able to gain access to using MS Access and perl script. My problem is that the database owner wants to restrict me to using Discoverer to access the database.

Any ideas on what might be keeping me from connecting using Discoverer?

Thanks,

Larry Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 17:01:54 CST