Re: debunking partitioning

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:59:06 -0500

:) As soon as I had clicked send .. I kinda guessed (right) what u'r answer would be. Now create a huge hash partitioned table ... gather stats .... (dbms_stats) and create the same as partitioned view (hash partitioning) .. gather stats (dbms_stats)

and then do a query select * from mypartition where partitionedcol = x;

Which one is faster?

.. or actually no ... like Sybrand said ... go ahead and open an iTar (and I don't mean this in a rude way) if you are missing partitioned views so much.
Your last statement is a kinda what partitioning is .. and more (if you mean that oracle itself should create these triggers). And thus I would end my side of the thread.

Anurag